5 months ago

This would actually probably maybe work

• Psythik@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

Personally I wish someone would make headphones that comes with a wireless “subwoofer” that attaches somewhere to your body and vibrates to the bass. The closest I found to this was the Skullcandy Crusher series. But the motors are in the headphones, which makes them bulky. Still, hardest hitting bass I’ve ever heard in a pair of headphones. It is unfortunate that a more prestigious brand won’t take the concept and evolve it.

• Psythik@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          4 months ago

Don’t get me wrong, they’re amazing for bass-heavy music; they’re just not so great if you care about things like imaging, sound staging, a neutral frequency response, and low latency Bluetooth, none of which the crushers are particularly good at. The Crusher Evo has such bad staging, for example, that they almost sound mono. Makes them completely worthless for movies and games (which is a shame, cause movies and games could always benefit from more bass).

• Zagorath@aussie.zone
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

Even better I reckon would be to use bone conduction technology like those sports headphones, but attach it up to your sternum.