• rufus
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    4 months ago

Really weird. Honesty, I currently have no idea how to proceed. Maybe I can google a bit later/tomorrow. But it’s not looking good. There doesn’t seem to be any good information out there concerning that mainboard an Linux. And since we don’t get an error message there isn’t a clear thing to begin with.

I would have expected at least something happening on the video. Maybe a few lines of text and then the screen flickering and going to black… But nothing?

• Varen@kbin.socialOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

yeah, that’s the reason I am so desperate … I understand, so maybe about time to look around for a new mobo?
      anyways, I wanted to thank you very much for your time and effort in figuring out and trying to help me, I really do appreciate it very much!

• rufus
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

No problem. I wish I could have provided you with a solution. If you have something like a 14 days free return policy, I’d consider returning it. Otherwise, wait a few days before you start thinking about a new motherboard. Maybe someone with a better idea still replies to you.

But I can empathize with your situation. I also used to have hardware that was a mess or didn’t work at all. It’s just annoying.

• Varen@kbin.socialOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          4 months ago

No worries, at least you tried and I‘m grateful for it.

One last thing: so you would also go for mobo replacement? In my opinion its uefi/bios and a new mobo should help, but I like having more opinions…

Thank you again for trying

• rufus
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            4 months ago

It’s likely the mobo. A Ryzen processor and a nvidia 3070 isn’t so uncommon. And you already said you updated the BIOS and put quite an amount of effort in.

If you can return it or have a friend in need of a mobo… I’d swap it… However, there is still a possibility that someone reads your post on the weekend and happens to know something more. Or you use Linux in a VM from within Windows. That may work, I don’t know you, I wouldn’t do it since I use Linux 99% of the time.

Only thing I would advise against is hoping the issue will someday get fixed. In many cases it never happens.