Hello comrades! I am new to the world of reddit alternatives and have been interested in exploring welcoming anti-capitalist communities. I want to see a post-capitalist world in my lifetime, which means we are going to need to be open to new comrades of diverse backgrounds and abilities. With that in mind, we need to talk about the problematic signup process. In question here is the all important Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart every user must engage with in order to join the community. The current captcha process is very difficult for those with divergent visual abilities. As someone who relies on accessibility tools to interact with the digital world, I call on the techncs community to address the problematic choices in the sign up process. Additionally, consulting people with different abilities for input on technical architecture is a must to promote diversity in the community.

• @produnis
    link
    03 months ago

Just chose another instance where signup is without captchas?!

• @bardfinnOP
      link
      -13 months ago

Is discriminating against the disabled okay if only some people are doing it?