• @ColeSloth
    link
    13 months ago

Like I said, that’s your area(and thats 4g from the att. Not the much faster 5g). Doesn’t change that you can look up coverage data from any source you can find. 5g coverage is completely dominated by t-mobile for nation wide coverage right now.

Now cell coverage for 3/4g and just keeping cell signal; Verizon all day.

• @survivalmachine@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      13 months ago

Yes, my state is far larger than yours, so that may be a difference. We only have 5G coverage in major cities and along interstates.

• @ColeSloth
        link
        13 months ago

Did I even mention what stayed I was at in this thread?

link
          fedilink
          13 months ago

No, but I know what state I’m in. You’re not in Alaska or Texas or you wouldn’t be making these fantastic claims, so by process of elimination, you do not live in a larger state than I.

• @ColeSloth
            link
            13 months ago

Then my next question would be why you think a states size has anything to do with getting good 5g coverage and speeds?

link
              fedilink
              13 months ago

Yeah, why would I engage with that sort of disingenuous nonsense. We’re talking about cell coverage. Area matters. Period. Full statewide 5G coverage may be possible in a tiny state, but it starts to get bad and then abysmal as states become larger and are mostly rural.

• @ColeSloth
                link
                13 months ago

Why do you possibly think that a states size has anything to do with where they place cell towers? Cities barely even care about what state they sit in. Hell, Kansas city is in two states. Cell towers are just put in populated areas. Not populated states.