Geordi LaForge

• 👍Maximum Derek👍
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

Honestly, bonus points to Rutherford just for being voiced by Eugene Cordero. Pillboi!!!

• ApostleO@startrek.website
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

Lower Decks was the first time I’d encountered Cordero. Then I watched Loki and immediately recognized his voice. Hope to see/hear more of him; he’s great.

• ApostleO@startrek.website
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          4 months ago

I’ve heard good things. I might need to give it another shot. I was unaware Cordero was in it.

I bounced off it after an episode or two. I struggle with that sort of awkward humor, where someone hiding the truth makes things worse (which is the vibe I got from the bit I did watch, but it’s been a while).

That said, I’ve seen a lot of clips of later episodes, and the show is definitely funny. (The Time Knife and Jeremy Bearimy are hilarious.)

• Infynis@midwest.social
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            4 months ago

He’s a recurring guest star, so he’s not in every episode, but every so often.

The show definitely starts out that way, but doesn’t stay that way for long. It goes through several arcs

• 👍Maximum Derek👍
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

If you get bored you can look up a show called Other Space. It only got 1 season because it was on Yahoo’s short-lived streaming platform, but it an interesting scifi comedy created by Paul Feig. It was the first thing that I remember Cordero standing out in, he plays the second officer. Other cast members include Joel Hodgson and Trace Beaulieu from MST3k.