This means:

• Downloading or updating the Assistant app now gives you Gemini instead.
  • You can switch back to Assistant in the Gemini app settings.
  • This might be Google’s first step towards replacing Assistant completely with Gemini.
  • Some users are unaware of the switch and see two Gemini apps on their phones.

Overall, this may suggest Google is phasing out Assistant and transitioning users to the newer Gemini AI technology.

• ColeSloth
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

Want a tid bit of irony? I use Google rewards that asks me little surveys based on all the Google tracking of me bullshit and you get little bits of Google play store credit in return.

I use that playstore credit to buy my Windscribe VPN service every year that’s $30. So I use the money Google gives me to buy the service to hide away some of the stuff that Google wants of me.

• hornedfiend@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

That’s some profitable irony right there. I don’t disagree with people using stuff the way the want to,but I do prefer choice. Luckily for me I live in EU ,so privacy and choice is more or less still a thing, allegedly.

If that works for you,great. It’s a good tip for others as well. I do spend around 70€/2 years of PIA,but I think that’s reasonable.