• Nalivai
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

Then you get your single shot rifle and storm the the king’s palace with it, against a bunch of people with single shot rifles, kill them all, kill a king, all his family, and thus establish a military goverment. Because it’s apparently it’s 19th century now.

• Random_German_Name@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      4 months ago

Then you get your single shot rifle and storm the the king’s palace with it, against a bunch of people with single shot rifles, kill them all, kill a king, all his family

Sounds good

thus establish a military goverment.

Nah, I just defeated the military. I would prefer a less authoritarian system

• Nalivai
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        4 months ago

When you killed everyone in a coup, you are by definition a new military. You might prefer less authoritarian system now, but all your friends who are running around with rifles trying to do a coup are in it for power, it’s just how the selection process goes, for everyone bright eyed idealist who will immediately relinquish his absolute authority that he just won by fighting a civil war, there will be 10 people who fought in civil war to get this absolute authority.
        We know that, because actually I deceived you earlier, it’s not 19th century now, and we already saw how that happened. And also, both technologies and situations are different now

• Random_German_Name@feddit.de
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          4 months ago

When you killed everyone in a coup

I didn‘t kill „everybody“. I killed the king, his family and his guards and maybe his ministers or generals

you are by definition a new military

No, I am a member of one of many militias

all your friends who are running around with rifles trying to do a coup are in it for power

Not all of them, but I understand what you mean

for everyone bright eyed idealist who will immediately relinquish his absolute authority that he just won by fighting a civil war, there will be 10 people who fought in civil war to get this absolute authority.

Yes. Thats how war works.

both technologies and situations are different now

Exactly

• Nalivai
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            3 months ago

I didn‘t kill „everybody“. I killed the king, his family and his guards and maybe his ministers or generals

Not how civil wars work unfortunately

No, I am a member of one of many militias

Which makes you a part of the military power of the new rule. So yeah.

Yes. Thats how war works.

Yes. That’s my point actually.

Exactly

Ok, but that’s worse. You do get how that’s worse, right?