• EmperorHenry
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

Actually, no need for de-bloat scripts, a lot of those break more than they fix.

O&O shutup 10, simplewall, And I think O&O makes something like “AppBuster” or something for getting rid of stubborn metro apps.

Also…don’t disable windows updates, delay feature updates by 365 days, delay quality updates by 30 days and install security updates right away. If you don’t have windows 10 or 11 pro, there’s a program called “policy plus” Britec09 also has a guide for “how to only install security updates in windows 10” the guide also applies to windows 11

• iopq@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 months ago

I love it when Windows decides to restart my computer for me while I’m working on something

• EmperorHenry
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        6 months ago

You don’t even need anything special to put a stop to that, it’s right there in the settings for windows update.

Look, read and think. That’s it. I don’t understand how or why so many people have so many problems using windows. Then I look at how they install things, how they don’t de-select anything and they install a fuck load of bloatware in addition to what they wanted, or how they don’t use any adblocking software and then they wonder why their systems run like shit and never work right.

They allowed their system to get flooded with garbage. That’s why the average person doesn’t like windows, because the average person knows what the buttons do, but doesn’t actually know how to use a computer.

any computer, windows, linux or mac can be shitty once it’s full of garbage. Those kinds of issues I described above this happen on every OS without proper protection, not just any antivirus, but a good antivirus that actually works, and an adblocker that works system wide with adblocking DNS.

There’s people all over the world who can be paid to do that for you, there’s guides online to do that kind of stuff on every OS that isn’t made by apple.

Idiots don’t know anything, and there’s a lot of idiots out there that think they know everything about an issue even though they haven’t actually seen what needs to be examined to find out what the problem is.

• 0x4E4F@lemmy.dbzer0.comOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Why use debloat anything… scripts or apps, regardless. Why not just use LTSC? It’s debloated by default. No MS Store, no Metro Apps, just the Settings one (it has to have that), everything else is pretty much standard for Windows.

• EmperorHenry
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

You mean windows 11 lite? I don’t know if you’ve heard, but the publisher that makes that might be doing something nefarious with that OS. Even more insidious than what can easily be disabled in the official windows 11 and 10

• 0x4E4F@lemmy.dbzer0.comOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          6 months ago

No, Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC. It’s an official release, no debloating required. It’s how Windows was like, before 10, it only receives security updates, no new features, it’s stuck in time feature wise.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/whats-new/ltsc/overview

Google a bit for LTSC (it was LTSB for the 2016 release, Long-Term Servicing Branch, they changed the Branch part to Channel in the 2019 and 2021 releases).

Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC is coming this year. September, most probably.