• neosheo
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    3 months ago

They are requesting a context menu option, no? And the ability to move multiple items?

• MachineFab812
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      3 months ago

The context menu would literally say “Move To”/“Copy To” and open either a further drop-down with potential destinations: … or a pop-over dialogue something like this:

Originally Windows pointed this feature to users’ Downloads, Pictures, and Documents Folders, but as you can infer from the screenshots, the menu was configurable.

I do not need and probably wouldn’t impliment this feature in a mobile file manager app, but I would be telling the OP I just don’t want to do it because its my app with my aesthetic/sensibilities in mind, NOT gaslighting/trolling them that its already implimented.

• neosheo
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        3 months ago

Well i don’t think they are trolling i imagine they legitamately don’t realize that is what the poster is wanting. It’s not very clear

• MachineFab812
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          3 months ago

That’s my initial impression as well, but it also seems that they just don’t care, and will refuse to until its made clear to them just what a bad look this is, and nothing short of an accusation of impropriety has done the trick yet.

I doubt english is their first language, but more importantly, it seems like there’s a culture disconnect versus mainstream western pr bullshit … which actually serves a useful purpose for once, in this instance.