help-circle

• MachineFab812toProgrammer Humor@lemmy.mlGenie dislikes cloud
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 hours ago

Who said anything about setting up a tax deduction? I’m setting up an indirect benefit to others that counts as an illiquid asset. It’s not an investment since its purpose isn’t profit, and its not charitable since I remain in control.

Pay attention to the genie’s criteria, and realize: for anyone actually trying to do some good, the IRS criteria might as well be so capricious and arbitrary. With that kind of money and a lot of these organizations, I would rather donate it directly, yes, but there are also plenty of organizations and causes where more money in the pot means more CEO and middleman pay. That, and the IRS, don’t have to count as a valid reason to withhold a single penny for someone that’s supposedly capable enough to have any business managing such a large amount.

link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 hours ago

Funny thing about trusts: You can set them up so you retain ownership and control until you die. So sure, giving it away, but in the future. I could also be petty later, dissolve the trusts and sell-off the land, though with the rest of the money coming from the Genie, I should never come close to needing to do that.

• French Fry grease will coat your lungs. No reason to be subjecting yourself to that smell if not actively consuming french-fries. I’ve spent enough time frying fast-food and donuts that there’s only the two ways that smell isn’t making me puke: actively cooking or eating. Otherwise, I’m not stepping foot in your fry-scented cancer den.

• A lot of people do, actually. Seasoning them right for them to come out more “french fry” than “dried potato” is more involved than a lot of people might like, but I personally don’t do it because I’m being picky about the flavor. I don’t own a deep-frier and salted-dried-potatoes are good enough with a lot of entrees.

link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 hours ago

First up: Capital gains Taxes. That’s $12,000,000 off the top. Next, buying the properties of all my favorite charities, museums, libraries, restraunts, stores, and setting up trusts to keep taxes and such paid on those in perpetuity … That alone should do it, within a large enough radius, but anyways … buy up the most inefficient air-planes, cruise-liners, cargo ships I can find and straight up ground/dock them or upgrade them to fix those inefficiencies. Make sure the planes are never flown again, at least not at night.

• Dear God Please No. Anyone but her, Hillary, or Klobuchar. I don’t recall knowing anything about this Mark Kelly dude prior to a few days ago, but that in itself might as well be a goddamn Medal of Honor next to what I know of them.

Hell, I voted Bush over John Kerry in '04, and while I still don’t care for the “turn in your guns for healthcare” strategy they lost with then and earlier with Gore, I can pinch my nose and vote for that quicker than seeing half my neighbors, family, and friends deported, dragged off to internment/conversion camps, or just plain killed.