• @MachineFab812OP
      link
      edit-2
      15 days ago

I mean, if its based on how that person identifies … Otherwise, I could maybe see it, but still leaning more towards: why not just ask?

• @doingthestuff@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    3515 days ago

I upvote and downvote for the silliest of reasons all the time. Don’t overthink everything. Not everything is a value statement.

• @MachineFab812OP
      link
      edit-2
      14 days ago

Going into a community to downvote one of the most wholesome posts that community gets is very much something like a value statement.

I get that a lot of people are looking at the unfiltered “all” feeds for their instances, but damn, it seems like few, if any, communities here are large enough for the outrage some of their content will attract from outsiders.

• @MareOfNights
    link
    2915 days ago

Eyo what.

49 Partners??

I think at this point its more F+ than a relationship. Which is cool, but where do you get the time to talk to all of them? Are they a full-time partner? Even then. This has to be bait. Ain’t no way u talking to 49 partners on the regular. Is the whole neighborhood in on this? What is happening.

• @Droechai@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      15 days ago

They all live out in a camp they call “The Compound”, but Bobby has started stocking fuel and guns ever since the barbed topped fence got built.

Apparently the title Prophet are being used for when they elect a new Speaker at the council

Source: I made it all up

• @MachineFab812OP
      link
      214 days ago

Not my post in the screenshot … Nice freakout over another’s business though. Quality stuff.

• Weevil Friend
    link
    fedilink
    2215 days ago

I feel like downvotes kinda make sense given that they said group has a lot of parents/children and siblings. I don’t even know if this is bait or not.

• @MachineFab812OP
      link
      edit-2
      15 days ago

Yours is the first mention I’ve found of children as members in that community, and its an NSFW-allowed community, so I have no idea where you got that notion.

That said, I would block any minor or minor-welcoming instance I became aware of on Lemmy. I’m not here to interact with that level of immaturity; I still regret not leaving facebook the moment they allowed teens(and grand-parents/boomers - yes it was an all-at-once change).

• Weevil Friend
        link
        fedilink
        edit-2
        15 days ago

Not legal children, I meant children of other members of the community. Not overt pedophilia, just weird bordering incest that I understand people being averse to.

https://lemmy.world/post/14925178

They say they aren’t letting blood relatives have sex but I would still feel odd belonging to a relationship with my dad and sister where everyone is having sex with all of us.

• @MachineFab812OP
          link
          415 days ago

Jesus. Not even what I thought you were getting at, at all. I was thinking more like Narc-anon.

• @spujb@lemmy.cafe
    link
    fedilink
    English
    815 days ago

try reaching out to mods or admins, that post shows 0 downvotes from my instance which could mean there is vote manipulation/botting happening on an instance mine is defederated from

that said, 196 may not be the place to air this grievance. better communities for this exist really

• @MachineFab812OP
      link
      515 days ago

More likely the downvotes come from users you’ve already blocked or an instance with which yours is not federated. Supposedly, there are also instances that only show local votes as well.

Regardless, you are the only one who has said they didn’t see any downvotes, so far.

• @spujb@lemmy.cafe
        link
        fedilink
        English
        edit-2
        15 days ago

nope, blocking users does not hide their downvotes. know this from experience. also confirmed without being signed in. my instance also does not show only local votes either, but pulls them in from all federated instances. so neither of those are realistic possibilities.

edit: link to see exactly how it looks from my end

• @MachineFab812OP
          link
          114 days ago

I don’t care about hiding the downvotes. I simply have no interest in seeing their comments/replies to others or myself.

• @Xtallll@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      515 days ago

196 lives on the Blajah Zone instance, which has down votes disabled. BZ doesn’t federate down votes so 196 Post will only show the down votes from other users on your instance, and each instance will show a different number of down votes.

• @spujb@lemmy.cafe
        link
        fedilink
        English
        215 days ago

yeah but none of the users or posts involved are blahaj zone. literally the only blahaj related element to this post is that OP complained here.

• I’m not sure if anyone could help with that. The best nicknames are specific to that person, so any suggestions wouldn’t make sense without knowing what type of person I’m naming. Just identify their vibe and find a word to describe it that isn’t already taken.

• @BluJay320@lemmy.blahaj.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    213 days ago

I mean they’ve got multiple blood relatives in the group. Seems way too close to incest for my and probably most other people’s tastes. Totally understandable why someone would downvote that, and I don’t think that warrants a block at all :\

• @MachineFab812OP
      link
      112 days ago

Kudos to you on digging through their comments/post history. I see plenty of drama just looking at those that cross my path. From where I’m sitting, digging like so is just looking for the very things you claim to not want to see.

Me? I would rather fool around with my wife’s sister than all that, and/or hang out with those who do such things. If you can’t see the line between that and actual incest, its you with the blurred boundary issue. That said, my wife has no siblings, and I don’t need the drama enough to be sad about it.

• @MachineFab812OP
          link
          111 days ago

Thanks for reminding me that you are exactly the sort of person I mean to block in this post. I had made the mitake of engaging with you as if you were coming from a place of sincerity, but here, we part ways.