With the advancements in technology, particularly AI now, what is the smartest smartphone in your opinion? And I don’t mean in terms of raw power or tech specs, but rather the likes of the OS, UI, or features and functions.

• rufus
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    3 months ago

Entirely depends on the software you install on it?!

I mean the OS and UI don’t give you “smartness”. And I’m not completely sure about the definition. I for example think it’s smart not letting big tech companies steal all your data. So I might choose a different OS and different Apps than somebody else.

Concerning AI: I think ChatGPT runs on all of them. And I think all the assistants also run more or less in the cloud and don’t depend on the exact phone model. However, there are AI things that run on the phone itself. Camera picture enhancement and speech recognition for example.

Manufacturers often advertise with new AI features and unlock them on their newest flagship models. So the answer to your question regarding AI in preinstalled apps is probably: The current most expensive flagship models of Google/Samsung/Apple. One will have a slightly better camera AI, one a better photo editor and one a better AI assistant.

• Syn_Attck@lemmy.today
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

You nailed it, the question is far too vague to be meaningful.

I consider my phone not giving away all my data to be smart.

Someone else might think smart is giving away all your data so AI can make sense of it and improve the convenience.