I love Chromium on Android, but not having uBlock origin makes me stick with Firefox (or Mull).

• Zak@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

Firefox, barely. There are like 18 extensions unless you run Nightly and jump through a bunch of hoops.

I am puzzled that this situation has persisted for years now. It seems like Mozilla doesn’t really want extensions on mobile either.

• MeatAndSarcasmGuy@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          11 months ago

It’s incredibly difficult to get the non-mobile-approved extensions added to Firefox. I remember it took me a couple of hours to get it configured and I had to change my browser to the nightly version, which I did not want to do for stability reasons.

It was even more difficult to install “unsupported” browser extensions. I had to install a very old version of Fennec F-Droid, install the extension, then update to the most current version of Fennec to keep the extension. Through trial and error across several different Firefox versions, I probably wasted 3 hours getting it set up on my phone.

If you are not motivated and tech savvy (ish), the chances of getting a non-supported extension on Firefox are quite slim.

• MeatAndSarcasmGuy@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              11 months ago

As I said, I wound up on Fennec F-Droid to get the unsupported extension; but if you have any recommendations on browsers on F-Droid that can streamline the process, I would certainly be interested in hearing about them!

• dekatron@lemmy.fmhy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I use Kiwi out of necessity. The modern web is unusable without some way to block ads, cookie popups, and sticky elements. It’s especially worse on mobile because every other website wants you to use their app.

• ScaredDuck@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Yandex browser also has chrome extensions and is actually supported by a big company (that may or may not be affiliated with Russian government, but whether or not that affects you personally depends on your threat model).

• crowsby@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I’d strongly prefer FF, but since they yoinked the Bypass Paywalls extension, I’ve been taking a look at Kiwi. Eventually once Manifest V3 goes though I’ll want to move to FF regardless, so I’m hesitant to consider Kiwi as a permanent solution though.