• jol
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

No shame it taking pills to make it hard again though.

• MadBigote@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

The limpness is one of the problems with those medications. First you lack libido. If you feel like rubbing one out, though, you won’t be able to get it hard. And IF you manage to get hard, at least a bit hard, you won’t be able to ejaculate.

• ben_dover@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      3 months ago

It doesn’t make sense to take a pill that neuters you, and then go and take another pill to counter the effect. It’s like if you’re obese and have high blood pressure, and instead of exercising you take pills against it - you’re only fighting symptoms, not the root cause

• NightAuthor@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 months ago

Yeah…. But like, you get to choose to a degree what the root cause is, because there is always something more /root/.

Like all your health problems would be resolved by you not being alive anymore. Your DNA trying to be the basis of a living organisms just isn’t working out. Boom, solved. Oh, but you want to live… well I guess we could try a solution for a less root cause…

For me, adderall helps my adhd, but worsens my anxiety. I decided with my doc that I’d take anxiety meds with my adderall. But when we tried to add in a supplemental adhd med, Istarted getting recurring nightmares and having poor sleep. I could have taken a couple more pills to help w the nightmares and the general sleep… but that seemed like it was taking things too far, pills for pills for pills.

I will say, there are plenty of drugs and in plenty of dosages, you have to spend the time to find the right drug and amount, and timing.

And if you haven’t titrated before, you’dbe surprised how different a drug like Adderall can feel and work with as little as a 15% increase or decrease.

Dr Russell Barkley is incessant about taking the time to try different drugs and dosages to find what works best for you.

I found by accident (pharmacy randomly giving me slight variations in my prescription) that I’m much more receptive to Dextroamphetamine than amphetamine. Which is a thing for some people, but not one you’re likely really have a doctor help you identify.

ADHD care is such a mess

• jol
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 months ago

Wth are you talking about. People dont take ritalin to kill gtheir libido. Thats a side effect.