I upgraded to Proton Unlimited today and I’ve set Proton Drive to back up my whole camera gallery, a few hundreds of GBs, so it will take a while. But I noticed that it skips large videos, e.g. it skipped a 9.8GB video file. Is this intended behavior? I can’t find documentation of it anywhere and it seems to happen silently. I easily could have missed it, assumed that it backed up everything down to a certain date, and deleted the only copy of the videos.

• NeatNitOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

99% full was when Proton Drive was using all the storage it could before it gave up. Half the reason I want to use Proton Drive is to free up storage space on my phone.

Edit: and factually it works if I just tell it to retry (until the next time it runs out of space) so any excuse you make for it is nonsense. I hope Proton support/devs would take this more seriously than that.

• alex_herrero@lemmy.worldM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Please be respectful of other user’s comments, even if they don’t share your perspective. We don’t allow that kind of vocabulary around here.

Thanks!

• NeatNitOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

Fair enough, I changed the offensive word. You should probably take a look at how BearOfaTime basically implied I’m an idiot.