• m-p{3}
    link
    fedilink
    English
    4927 days ago

Fuck that, let me buy DRM-free movies. We can do it for music, books and games. Movies and TV shows are next.

• @GenderNeutralBro@lemmy.sdf.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      2427 days ago

I’d spend a lot more money on TV and movies if I could get them without DRM and in high quality. No question. Both in streaming and in disc form.

• @asexualchangeling@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        626 days ago

Same with games while we’re at it, there are games I got for free that I would rather pirate so it doesn’t have the DRM than download and install the copy I have legal access to

• @catloaf@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      1027 days ago

DVDs and Blurays are still pretty common. They’re not actually DRM-free, but DVD DRM is completely broken and BR decryption keys seem to be easily obtained. And you can rip the disc if you want to make a digital copy.

• Որբունի
        link
        fedilink
        English
        026 days ago

They have DRM, even if easy to go around it, it doesn’t make sense to pay loads for a shitty medium with obstacles to getting what’s on it… it sends the wrong message to the criminal organisations peddling them.

• @MachineFab812
          link
          English
          223 days ago

No, offering them more money to remove those obstacles sends the wrong message. It would literally save them money to leave it out, so in what world would that entitle them to more of your money or mine?