• Drinvictus
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

I mean the steam deck is portable though. It’s not the same thing. Also you can pirate on windows too. It’s actually easier.

• TurtlePower@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      3 months ago

My laptop is pretty dang portable. It may not fit in a pocket or what have you, but I carry a backpack anyway. And does windows provide emulators? I just pulled up a huge list, right on Discover Software Center and there are at least a couple different emulators for every major (and even some minor) console, handheld, arcade, and even a DOS emulator for DOS games. Hell, I even have Space Cadet Pinball on this thing. Yeah I’ve pirated on windows, and it’s not as easy, unless you’re talking about music production software, but that’s a whole other beast. Don’t get me wrong, Steam Deck is awesome and I would love to get one, but $650 is a hefty chunk of change for a lot of people, and considering I’m trying to save up for a Framework, I’m not interested in spending that kind of money right now.

• UntitledQuitting@reddthat.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 months ago

I’m not even sure what the point you’re trying to make is any more, but gaming on a laptop without a table is uncomfortable, which to me makes it less portable than the steam deck.

Other people are allowed to buy whatever they like.