• Drinvictus
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

If he had also condemned Israel’s attack this statement would have some weight. Now he’s making it further obvious that he’ll suck whoever’s dick is necessary to get more support

• CarbonIceDragon@pawb.social
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

I mean, if you were the leader of a country that was under active invasion by a enemy with numerical and firepower superiority, would you not do the same? Given the circumstances, he’d arguably be failing his people if he did not pursue whatever avenue to get more aid that he can

• Drinvictus
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

Sure I’m not saying he’s doing something wrong. I’m just saying his words are worthless because of the reason you just spelled out.

• Jaytreeman@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

Given his circumstances, I’m surprised he hasn’t given up territory for the purpose of saving his people’s lives.

They’re going to lose. Is it better for Ukraine to exist in a diminished capacity or not at all?

• Ahardyfellow@lemmynsfw.com
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

I’m no strategist but what’s to stop Putin from agreeing, taking some time to regroup, and then just doing it again? Ukraine would be out whatever was agreed to but still in the same position.

• Hyperreality@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      2 months ago

Why would Ukraine condemn an attack on a country that is supplying Russia with drones used to kill Ukrainian men, women and children?