So, j want to get into fighting games, mainly the der street fighter games, and advice on how to get good.

I’m so bad at fighters I’ve only ever gotten halfway through a sf2 run and no idea what to do.

I main ken/ryu btw

Not even using akuma as a crutch helps lol (that or xmen vs street fighter ps1 akuma sucks)

So basically, how do I “get good”

• Kerb
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

im also pretty new to fighting games.
    but from what i heared, playing arcade mode is verry diffrent from playing against other players.

especially in older games hi level cpus tend to fight dirty,
    using input reading and op boss characters.

input reading cpus basicly have inhuman reflexes,
    and will counter big comittal attacks like jumpins or tatsu as long as they are free to move.

so throw out non-commital pokes, untill they do something you can counter.

if its the bosses you are struggeling against,
    only perseverance will help. (unless you find a move the ai cant deal with)
    they are designed to take your quarters.

• sleepybisexual@beehaw.orgOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Yea, arcade mode is hard, fuck thawk and that one jump combo.

The arcade mode is sf4 3ds is a bitcj too. How tf do I beat m bison

• moody@lemmings.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          2 months ago

Crouching MK a is less committing poke. It’s faster and has more range, and has less recovery time. You can basically always chain it into a fireball, and if the kick hits, so does the fireball. If the kick is blocked, the fireball has to be blocked as well.

Use the fireballs alone at medium range. If they jump over, a quick dragon punch knocks them down. If they block, you get some chip damage in.

If you really want to get good, look up frame info for your character. It will let you know which attacks can be chained into each other, and which ones are easier or harder to punish.