The White House on Tuesday condemned ā€œdeath to Americaā€ chants that surfaced online from a recent rally in Dearborn, Mich., protesting Israelā€™s war in Gaza.

Press secretaryĀ Karine Jean-PierreĀ replied, ā€œyesā€ when asked ifĀ President BidenĀ condemns the comments in the chants, which were captured on video by some attendees.

ā€œPeaceful protests are something that the president has also been very clear that, its important to give folks space to peacefully protest. But any type of violent rhetoric, we are going to denounce,ā€ she said.

Dearborn mayor Abdullah Hammoud (D) has also denounced the chants, sharing inĀ a statement on XĀ that ā€œDearborn is a city of proud Americans.ā€

• dependencyinjection
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    Ā·
    2 months ago

Dude I live in Manchester. Weā€™ve been bombed twice and had a riots once whilst Iā€™ve been here.

Still donā€™t believe one group of people are terrorists. First time we were bombed was the IRA actually.

• SupraMario@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      Ā·
      2 months ago

Ok and what does that have to do with the point that Islam as a religion is more violent than any other religion in the modern day?

• dependencyinjection
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        Ā·
        2 months ago

Strange that the most violence comes towards those nations. From either the USA to Iraq and Afghanistan or Irsael to Palestine.

To reiterate none of any group are all the same. I could argue all people on lemmy are idiots after interacting with you, but alas I wonā€™t do that.

• SupraMario@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          Ā·
          2 months ago

Nice whataboutismā€¦ seriously youā€™re delusional if you think that islam doesnā€™t produce more violence than any other group.