• unexposedhazard
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

Yeah thats on me, a bit childish, but in all seriousness “evil” is a concept for children that are unable to see more than black and white. I cant take anybodies argument serious if it uses words like that, especially when referring to something as big and complicated as a country. Even calling individual people evil is such an extreme oversimplification it prevents any productive discourse.

• nuke@sh.itjust.worksM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      2 months ago

it prevents any productive discourse

I vote we have a rule that all discourse in NCD must be vehemently unproductive. NCD should be a tax on your cognitive abilities. You should become noticeably dumber (and hornier) after being here. This is the way.

• verity_kindle@lemmy.worldM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Well, I vehemently disagree with you, but name calling and then doubling down would not serve me well, even if I were correct and everyone else was wrong. Hypothetically, if I had committed such a faux pas, I would *stop justifying myself and start being as courteous as possible to everyone around me. *

• unexposedhazard
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

but name calling

Didnt double down on that

even if I were correct and everyone else was wrong

This is a hyper concentrated echo chamber, nothing here could ever constitute disagreement with “everyone”

stop justifying myself

I am justifying my opinion, if you are ready to get rid of your opinions just because some random people on the internet didnt like one of your comments then have fun with that.