• EmperorHenry
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Maybe not the whole government, but all of those fuckers mentioned above individually could end homelessness, and could make sure everyone has enough to eat and make sure everyone has the healthcare they need. And they could fix Flint Michigan’s water, and fix all those water supplies around the country that can set their tap water on fire.

• John_McMurray@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      2 months ago

No. They can’t. Throw as much money as you want at homelessness, it doesn’t end without locking people in an asylum. You should be mad the literal government with exponentially more money isn’t doing its job instead of worrying someone isn’t doing it for them.

• EmperorHenry
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

You should be mad the literal government with exponentially more money isn’t doing its job instead of worrying someone isn’t doing it for them.

Actually I’m mad about that too. And I wasn’t talking about giving money directly to homeless people, I was talking about building small, bare-bones apartment complexes with just the basic stuff inside them for homeless people to live in for free. Because that would be cheaper than doing what we do now.