The OnePlus Watch 2 has 2 chips, and basically runs a lightweight OS while keeping the hungry one in very very low power, and only powering it up when necessary.

I was thinking that maybe such idea could be applied on a Linux phone that could run all your banking apps without Waydroid’s “you-must-be-a-hacker” issues, literally by having a half-asleep Android running on another chip, which you can wake up whenever to do your “non-hacker” things, while at the same time you can run the rest of your system (calls, messaging, calculator, calendar, browser…) on your lightweight, private and personalized Linux mobile OS.

I think I would pay big bucks for something like this, and it could serve as a transition device for ditching Android in the future when Tux finally governs over the world.

What do you guys think?

• qwesx
    link
    fedilink
    edit-2
    1 month ago

This should work on Jolla’s Sailfish OS phones as they’re running a legit Android in a sandbox. Unfortunately their hardware support is pretty abysmal if you want all features working - and since it’s legit Android it’s also not free (monetary) and Sailfish OS’s UI toolkit is also not free (freedom).

edit: also, last time I checked, Bluetooth support for Android apps is terrible, basically only audio work(s|ed).