• @MareOfNights
    link
    22 months ago

Well, that’s what unions and regulations are for. Plus if they piss me off, I can just leave and work somewhere else.

• @Cowbee@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      82 months ago

Unions and Regulations are a force against the dictatorial control of Capitalists, but do not make the playing field equal. Capitalists still retain ownership, and thus power.

Leaving one dictator for another dictator willing to employ you is not freedom enough to justify the existence of the dictator.

• @MareOfNights
        link
        22 months ago

At the end of the day I’m selling labor and if they’re an asshole I’m not selling. They don’t control me or my life.

There is an argument for “unskilled” labor, tho. If you don’t have enough leverage, to get a good job, making the one you have better with democracy might work. You just also take on more risk by sharing ownership.

• @Cowbee@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          32 months ago

You’re selling your labor power for less than it is worth, even the nicest Capitalist steals from you and leaves you with no control over at least 40 hours per week.

All labor is labor, skilled labor is just compressed unskilled labor represented by the training required to recreate it expressed over the expected working lifetime of a worker.