Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy and other European leaders have applauded the US for passing a vital €89 billion aid bill which has been struggling to make it through the House of Representatives for months.

The House swiftly approved roughly €89 billion in foreign aid for Ukraine, Israel and other US allies in a rare Saturday session as Democrats and Republicans banded together after months of hard-right resistance over renewed American support for repelling Russia’s invasion.

With an overwhelming vote, €57 billion in aid for Ukraine passed in a matter of minutes, a strong showing as American lawmakers race to deliver a fresh round of US support to the war-torn ally. Many Democrats cheered on the House floor and waved blue-and-yellow flags of Ukraine.

• Takios
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Putin has started the war and can end it at any time he pleases by removing his forces from the occupied regions of Ukraine.

• lltnskyc@monero.town
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

The hypocrisy here just reached a new height.

The comment by another guy here says

Apart from that, Putin is not willing to negotiate - they are willing to dictated terms

And you say

Putin has started the war and can end it at any time he pleases by removing his forces from the occupied regions of Ukraine.

Which is exactly dictating terms instead of negotiating, and exactly what I am talking about when I say that you are on the side of those who are not willing to negotiate.

• Takios
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

You’re pulling an argument of another person into my argument and accuse me of hypocrisy based on that.
        You are arguing in bad faith, have a nice day.

• lltnskyc@monero.town
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          2 months ago

Ok sorry, both comments were heavily upvoted so I assumed this is the collective position, my bad.