• unique_hemp
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

During the first five-year plan, Joseph Stalin’s all-out campaign to take land ownership and organisation away from the peasantry meant that, according to historian Robert Conquest, “peasants with a couple of cows or five or six acres [~2 ha] more than their neighbors” were labeled kulaks.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kulak

So owning marginally more than your neighbours. Wow, what a horrible crime.

• ☆ Yσɠƚԋσʂ ☆@lemmy.mlOP
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              2 months ago

Getting skinned alive by the men who ran these scumbag exploiter families. I love how even when presented with actual research proving how full of shit you are, you keep digging. I guess runs in the family.

• unique_hemp
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                2 months ago

Showing a paragraph with a nasty description does not really prove anything, I could find you endless paragraphs that say nasty things about communists.

Here’s some other research:

Available here, page 126

Do you fathom, how little land 5ha actually is for farming? Especially considering, that even the Western Soviet Union is generally not densely populated.

• ☆ Yσɠƚԋσʂ ☆@lemmy.mlOP
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  2 months ago

Again, these were the people who exploited others in brutal conditions. Hence why they were called fists. The minimal size of the property these fucks had isn’t really the counter point you seem to think it is. Keep digging buddy.

• unique_hemp
                    link
                    fedilink
                    arrow-up
                    arrow-down
                    ·
                    edit-2
                    2 months ago

Notice the weight-bearing words “at first” in your own cited research? Etymology is not a valid argument when the definition of a term drastically changes, in this case becoming much broader. My point is, most “kulaks” deported by Stalin from the Baltics were new landowners with not a lot of land and at most a few paid workers. At least in the case of Latvia, these workers were commonly seasonal labourers from Poland (that came here willingly).