• Drinvictus
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

Do you actually think Biden is better than Trump in any of this? He’s the sitting president right now watching the genocide and we’re sending them more money. You’re making up hypothetical scenarios when what’s happening is real. WHAT YOU’RE DESCRIBING IS HAPPENING RIGHT FUCKING NOW DURING BIDEN’S TERM.

Even in your stupid scenario I wouldn’t care since I wouldn’t vote for Trump. I’m not the one who put Biden in the ballot and I’m not the one insisting that he should be the candidate.

You reap what you sow. Did you protest against the genocide? No. Did you boycott any companies? No. Did you donate to any supporting cause (Jewish voice for peace etc.)? No. Did you contact your elected officials about this? No.

You could have helped stop this. You could still help stop this. But you don’t. Instead you come here and try to guilt shame people with hypothetical scenarios when they’re happening as we speak.

It all goes back to what I have said. You just don’t care. So stop acting like you give a shit about Palestine. If a democracy wants me to choose between two genocidal maniacs, I’ll enjoy watching it burn.

• PugJesus@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      2 months ago

Do you actually think Biden is better than Trump in any of this?

… yes? Do… do you think Biden is worse than Trump on this, Trump, who has openly express support for the genocide of the Palestinians and a desire to increase assistance to Israel? Trump, whose inflammatory pro-Israel actions exacerbated this very conflict during his term? Trump, who broke even with prior Republican norms of restraint in support of Israel? Trump, who claimed that Jews who vote against Israeli interests are race traitors?

Are you fucking serious?

Even in your stupid scenario I wouldn’t care

Okay, great, so you don’t actually care about the deaths of millions of Palestinians. Thanks for admitting it. Good talk.

• spujb@lemmy.cafeOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      2 months ago

You reap what you sow. Did you protest against the genocide? No. Did you boycott any companies? No. Did you donate to any supporting cause (Jewish voice for peace etc.)? No. Did you contact your elected officials about this? No.

This is intentionally deaf of you. I have protested genocide. I have participated in boycotts and advocated for divestment and sanctions. I have donated to supporting causes. I have contacted my elected officials. I have participated in the uncommitted movement to send a message direct to Biden.

One incredibly tiny portion of my action in support for Palestine will happen to be my vote to the presidential candidate who will commit less violence. Just one tiny piece to save lives.

But you won’t hear that will you? Your mind is totally made up. You’re not here to listen, but to cuss people out.

Do some interrospection. Have a good one.

• go_go_gadget@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        2 months ago

If my vote doesn’t influence the outcome of a genocide then I’m not sure what kind of responsibility a historian would actually place on me.

“Well a president in a democratic system willfully went against the interests of the voters while warning them that the other guy was worse. Biden was simply a victim in all of this and those truly responsible for the downfall of the United States were a handful of voters.”

Hard for me to imagine anybody writing that and being taken seriously.

• Cryophilia@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

Do you actually think Biden is better than Trump in any of this?

Yes. A thousand times yes. How can anyone be so ignorant as to not think that?