• jol
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

The smarter kids in your class probably do use them.

• lugal@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

Jokes on you, I’m in the bourgeois class and let kids from the working class and professional mangerial class do that kind of homework for me

• Ragnarok314159@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

Nah. I was labeled a dumb kid in high school because I had to work 40 hours a week. I went back to college as an adult and now have a masters in mech Eng.

Went to my high school reunion and the smart kids were largely abject failures. They never really struggled until college, then mostly failed out. I felt bad for them, but not too bad since most of them bullied me.

• jol
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

Sounds like maybe there weren’t the true smart kids. You finished high-school while working a full time job. You were capable and adaptable. Fuck them :)

• JDubbleu@programming.dev
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

As one of the resident smart kids who went into CompSci and now works as a software engineer, I haven’t touched any of this for a hot minute. I mainly use it for 3D print designs once in a blue moon.

• jol
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

Of course it depends, but for example, it CSS esing functions are based on polinomial or sin waves. If you ever want to understand or perhaps implement and easing function, trigonometry has your back.