Am I the only person that liked Solo? :(

• WaterSword
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

Maybe it’s because I really enjoy playing sabacc with the replica cards I have.

• GraniteM@lemmy.worldOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

I thought there was plenty to like about both Solo and Rogue One, but they both relied too much on nostalgia and familiarity to be actually decent on their own. I’ve heard good things about the original cut of Solo and wish we could have seen that.

• WaterSword
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          2 months ago

I do think rogue one is a better story than solo by far. But solo was not bad imo. I really enjoyed it.

• Sunforged@lemmy.ml
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            2 months ago

Solo just really suffered because everyone was so burnt out from the sequel trilogy just failing on so many levels. I didn’t bother seeing it until years after release.

• TheHotze@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

To be fair, I don’t think the même is saying all new star wars is bad, just that it would be better if it was less self referential.

• Sunforged@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

Worse than Rise of Skywalker?

Solo at least had a coherent plot with multiple memorable performances. Donald Glover and Woody Harrelson both were a ton of fun whenever on screen. Adam Driver carried the ST but Kylo’s Redemption arc in Rise was boring.

• ryathal@sh.itjust.works
          cake
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

I had 0 expectations for Rise, and it met those expectations perfectly. It did stupid things, but that was their only real option, unless you believe Kylo not getting redeemed or Rey being evil were ever an option.

Solo took an established character and largely ruined him. The movie was also extremely boring, placing characters that obviously live in mortal peril to regularly build tension.