• Tartas1995
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

Out of curiosity, let’s say someone wants to make the best possible decision for Palestinians. Meaning using their vote to produce the best possible outcome for Palestinians.

Who should they be voting for? How would it impact the situation? Why would that be the best? What is the risk assessment? In other words, how likely is successful, how good is success and how damaging is failure?

• Fidel_Cashflow@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

It will make no material difference who you vote for. You cannot say “trump will be worse” when people are being firebombed in Rafah right now and the guy in power is doing nothing to stop it, and in fact actively blocking attempts to make it stop. You’ve got student protests being smeared as antisemitic and being violently broken up by police and zionists. From where I’m standing, it really really seems that my 2020 “harm reduction” vote backfired hard and really just gave cover for all of this horrible shit to happen anyways.

• Tartas1995
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

So you believe that voting for trump would have caused a better result? Because otherwise how did it backfire? If it makes no material difference?

If you don’t think voting trump would have been better, who should people have voted for? I don’t want to repeat my question but now I am curious about your answers to both last and next election.

• Fal@yiffit.net
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          2 months ago

These people don’t have answers to this question because they’re not interested in answers. They just want to feel smug and superior to everyone. Literally nothing would be good enough for them

• Tartas1995
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            2 months ago

It is fine that you feel that way but I would like to know their thoughts. If they are right, they will be able to argue their position. If they are just e.g. smug, then they will avoid giving answers and at some point, reflection might kick in and they might actually try to argue with themselves and find the answers that we are all looking for. If they are just smug, that is. I don’t know but maybe they have the answers