• taiyang@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 个月前

The comments: No way, women don’t play games. I never see them.

Yeah no, they might not be on your games. But having seen the sheer lust for Link, I’m not surprised switch is popular.

And the crazy thing is, the industry really doesn’t do a good job at this. The numbers could really be higher, especially mobile, but the sheer number of male fantasy waifu games out there is ludicrous. (Although, unsurprisingly, the dollars earned from whales are overwhelming male, especially internationally where the wage gap is higher, so that’s what drives that).

• TwilightVulpine@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 个月前

Not to mention that a lot of women have bad experiences with online gamer guys being sexist assholes, so they might not want to call attention to themselves.

• Katana314@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            11 个月前

Even if I don’t intend to start hard-simping and white knighting, it’s always a good indication to me if a Discord server or community has at least one woman in it. This canary isn’t coughing up toxic fumes, so maybe I won’t mind this coal mine.

• Dvixen@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              11 个月前

Word. Just left a few communities that I was the only gal in. They can choke on their rape jokes, dick holding and death threats. But I’m the one overreacting to them “burning off steam”.

I wanted to play a game without having to deal with a bunch of sexist manchildren, not call the suicide hotline twice in six months.