I really want Lemmy to work but I’m having a difficult time tracking different communities across different instances. It feels like I’m doing something wrong. I typically just land on the lemmy.world front page and scroll through there, and I see some interesting stuff, but I’d like to learn how to curate it a bit more

• TwistedFox@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

I keep seeing people mention clicking on Communities, but I don’t see that. Am I missing something?
    My top bar has "All, Subscribed, Moderated, Favorites, and then a bunch of magazine suggestions. I don’t see Communities anywhere.

Edit: Just noticed that this is a Lemmy threaed, is it because I am looking at it via kbin and the communities tab is only in Lemmy? This fediverse thing will take some getting used to.

• CaptainJanegay@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Yeah, I’m not sure why this thread is showing (to me) as being on kbin.social, but I assume it’s actually on a Lemmy instance since OP asked about the Lemmy UI.

On Kbin you can click on the burger menu and then “magazines”, or just go to /magazines

• Ulu-Mulu-no-die@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I think kbin and lemmy are meant to be federated with each other, tho federation was temporarily disabled on kbin because the servers couldn’t hold under the immense pressure of reddit refugees.

• Ulu-Mulu-no-die@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

kbin magazines are the equivalent of lemmy communities.

On the top bar next to kbin logo there should be “Threads, Microblog, People, Magazines”, subscribe works the same.