Running with 4 challenges the lack of proper armor makes things real tough from level 16 onwards.

Now I am thinking, perhaps investing on Evasion would compensate… Then what about the glyph of Stone?

Any other tips to survive with poor armor?

• Cilian@lemmy.cafe
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

Don’t bother with melee, FIMA punishes the melee playstyle. In basic melee fights you are forced to trade blows with enemies and with each new chapter enemies hit harder and harder but your armor can’t keep up, you will end up taking too much damage from each encounter and slowly but surely lose. There are ways to make melee work (like bolas kiting, armband, chillkiting, ranged melee + haste/flow, etc) and deal one-sided damage but it’s more practical to just play ranged

Ranged runs inherently don’t have to trade blows, for the most part they will hit enemies from afar and kill them before they can get close and scratch you. I think the two easiest ways to win fima are sniper with upgraded throwables, and wandmonk

• gatopeich@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

Forgot to say that I am playing Duelist. I tried going for evasion but did not manage getting beyond +6 armor. I was getting hit often enough to run out of health. But it was not a very lucky game in terms of support.

• seaQueue@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

Barkskin warden can still melee with a reliable way to make plants for barkskin refresh. You can basically ignore FIMA once you get the mask as long as you can keep your barkskin up. I’d assume living earth mage can do something similar with rock armor.