Me personally, I find the EZLN fascinating. (if there is anything bad about them, let me know because I do not know much bad things about them)

They are one of the few movements that anarchists praise that I actually think are based, although the Zapatistas have told westerners to stop calling them anarchists, communists, or anything else.

They also fight against drug cartels and seem to have created one of the most stable territories in the Chiapas region.

However, they are too small to do anything big like overthrowing the Mexican government. They would be crushed quickly.

Give me your thoughts on the EZLN and/or, as the title suggests, any non-ML movements that you support.

• Nimux@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

Lukashenko’s administration is pretty good imo, even though it’s not a party or organization.

• ComradeSalad@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

From a Belarussian person, Lukashenko’s administration has been a disaster for the people of Belarus.

His only saving grace is preventing Belarus from becoming a US vassal state like Ukraine or Poland. Other then that I’m very certain that a chimpanzee could run Belarus better then Lukashenko.

He’s basically a if you tried to copy Kim Ill Sung and horrifically failed and copied the inverse of all of Kim’s traits. Lukashenko is extremely reactionary, capitalist, and just a terrible leader.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Sorry I worded that poorly. I agree with Kim, I’m saying that Lukashenko is like someone tried to copy Kim, but failed horrifically and copied the inverse of all of Kim’s traits.

• The_Spooky_Blunt@lemmygrad.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

I get that you are not anti Kim Ill Sung, but what comparison do you see between the two, just in general? Not sure i follow.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Attempted centralization of state, self reliance policy, allying to the larger power (China in the case of Korea and Russia for Belarus), nationalization of industry, etc.

Belarus did all of that, in the absolute most corrupt, capitalist, and reactionary way possible.