I noticed that I tend to work on my projects in low light. I want to save my eyes and invest in a good light, and I remember that on reddit people recommended neck lights. Do you know any manufacturers that you would recommend?

• thegiddystitcher@lemm.eeM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

I recently bought just this generic cheap one from Amazon, and it’s actually been really great (not to discount the other commenter’s experience ofc, everyone’s body and setup are different but for me it’s been super useful). When I’m not wearing it round my neck it’s flexible enough to wrap around something and use as a standalone lamp, which is also very nice!

Things I looked for:

• reviews that mention good flexibility but also that the arms stay where you put them
    • USB-C charging so you’re not faffing with batteries
    • adjustable brightness because the light that helps at midday will blind you at night
    • adjustable light temperature because warm light is much easier on the eyes at night
  • proudblond@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

Okay so I just gave mine away and want to offer a note of caution.

If you have any bit of chest at all, it may not be the best solution. This is not to assume you are a woman, but as a woman, I can tell you that my breasts got in the way and blocked the light. I found it pretty tough to get the light into a position where it actually shined on my work. I would characterize my size as fairly moderate—not small, but not huge either.

I mentioned it to a friend and she said, “Oh, I wouldn’t have that problem” (haha) so as soon as I found it in my unused stuff, it was passed on!

• laughingsquirrelOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      4 months ago

Oh, good point! I will take that into consideration! Thank you! :)