So, what are you guys up to?

• agent_flounder@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

Wife is away for the weekend so just me and kiddo. Hope to watch the latest Dungeon Meshi with her. Cook dinner (small goals, man, small goals).

Install flat free tire on wheelbarrow. Which sounds not worth mentioning. The thing is, I’m usually depressed af by this time of year. Then I miss out prepping for gardening season.

Well not this year, baybee. I’ve been intently focused on preventing that and am doing pretty good. The wheelbarrow is representative of that.

Anyway, more tomatoes, spinach, maybe take another crack at potatoes, basil, zucchini, carrots, cantaloupes again (I can’t believe they actually worked last time), not sure what else, yet. Beans? Oh and various sunflowers. Garlic has been in the ground for two years now. The alpine strawberries should now be pretty established but I may have to get a few more. Walking onions continue to spread whether I like it or not…

• raptore39@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

I love the fact you foresaw the possibility for depression and made the choice to focus on good. Many do not have that amount of foresight. Now I have to look into flat free wheels for my barrow that the wheels have perished, thanks for the tip!

• ReiRose@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

Your garden sounds amazing! I’m planting beans too this year, and feel a little out of my league (I usually have with dark leafy greens and various Peppers as my staples)

• agent_flounder@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

Thanks! It has a long way to go since I just started two seasons ago but it’s fun anyway. I have tried peppers a couple times but not much luck yet. Spinach is it as far as leafy stuff goes so far. Lettuce and kale might be fun?

• ReiRose@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          5 months ago

I’m scared to try Lettuce, I’m in South florida and just imagine it wilting. But Kale and chard do fantastic here. I planted a couple of moronga trees too for their leaves and don’t regret it.