• Kecessa@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    5 months ago

Their point is that it’s the corporations job to serve society, not the contrary, and if they don’t do their job (like you said) they should be nationalized.

• karlhungus@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

We might live better if this were true (maybe not), but it is not at all their job. Neither is it our job to serve them.

• karlhungus@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          5 months ago
          1. You are free to not spend money there
          2. If you took this logic and turned it around, i could see an argument saying the moment you stop helping society why should we let you exist

I agree that in the best interests of having a pleasant place to live, or elected officials should force them to sell at not so great a profit. I feel like “they shouldn’t be allowed to exist” is a poor way to put it.

• Kecessa@sh.itjust.works
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                edit-2
                5 months ago

Go and kill someone and get caught, tell me how that goes for ya 🙂

Also, you’re in a Canadian community here.

• karlhungus@lemmy.ca
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  5 months ago

besides the example i gave actually harming people, and them not being in prison, to go from “people who don’t help society” to murder is kind of a stretch isn’t it?

you realize it’s possible to neither help nor harm society.

i am canadian, are we limited to examples only of canadian’s who harm societies, C suite of loblaws isn’t in jail are they?