Title. Been meaning to upgrade my GPU, and Intel Arcs are undercutting their AMD equivalent by quite a bit?

But like, I am not going to switch back to Windows. And I don’t want to spend a lot of money on a new computer part just to learn it doesn’t support my OS properly.

Now. I did search for this and found a phoronix benchmark thing – But it’s from almost a full year ago.

So.

Anyone have an Intel Arc GPU and can tell how they are doing as of now?

• smoothbrain coldtakes@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

I have a pretty big case because I wanted space for a lot of hard drives. It’s a lot of consumer-grade equipment from years ago.

I actually appreciate all the advice, I’ve got a lot more information to proceed with now. I’ll probably wait for a sale and see what card I really want to get, because I could also use the machine for local game streaming in addition to the transcoding, so I might wait for a sale and get a 750.

Right now the current block is that I need to do some BIOS hacks to enable RE-BAR (which has been available since PCIe 2.0) so that the Arc card works properly, but there’s a nice little guide I found that’s been proven to work all the way back to Broadwell and Sandy Bridge processors.

Thanks again for the advice! I love tech, it’s such a world of possibilities.