• Lumberjacked@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

Do what now? What’s wrong with Hanes and fruit of the loom? This is not something I knew people had strong opinions on.

• CmdrShepard@lemmy.one
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

I don’t know if I’ve ever worn their underwear but their t shirts are fucking garbage, super thin material and they shrink badly. I’ve been buying Kirkland brand undershirts and undies at Costco for years now and they’re high quality at a good price. Apart from that, everything I typically see is cheap junk or Uber expensive designer junk of questionable quality.

• MrMamiya@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

This is the only article of clothing I’m passionate about. I’ve bought things thinking they’d change my life before, none ever panned out. Saxx or an equivalent like b3neath seriously reduced my swamp ass, bat wing, and just generally made me a nicer person. People think I’m happy at work now.

• Lumberjacked@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Maybe that’s the difference. I sweat like crazy out my feet, like soaking socks, but my tush is usually pretty dry. I’m extremely picky about my socks (I like Darn Tough).

• MrMamiya@feddit.de
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Darn tough are great socks. I’m working on getting a collection through holiday gifts. I wear steel toes at work so I’m always rocking the crew socks on the way in, mostly dickies and carhartt. Can definitely tell the difference when I have a wool sock on. LL Bean makes a decent wool sock as well.

• Derproid@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

Fucking calvin klein microfiber boxers made me a changed man. Expensive shit though.

• snowe@programming.dev
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Dude, they’re good for a few years and then they just start falling apart. 2undr is way better. I had like 10 pairs of CK underwear and they all started falling apart at the same time. I had happened to buy the 2undr about a year before or something like that and they’ve been going strong for like 7 years now. They’re also way more fucking comfortable.

• Derproid@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Oh shit, I’ve owned them for less than a year now so haven’t seen that yet. Thanks for the heads up will check them out.

• snowe@programming.dev
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            11 months ago

yeah the CK underwear is good while it lasts, I loved them a ton, then they just started falling apart. I was really disappointed, especially with how much they cost. I am just waiting for the last few pairs of CK I have to get holes in them then I’ll be completely switched to 2undr. I haven’t had a single pair of 2undr get holes in them and I’ve owned several pairs for longer than some pairs of CK underwear.

• scytale@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

Yeah, Fruit of the Loom has been my best purchase for underwear so far.