• drathvedro@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

Huh, stangely, I too have zephyrus laptop, but it’s a duo one, with quite unorthodox display setup, too. The wifi indeed automagically started working after install, audio required some pactl trickery as it has two sets of speakers connected to separate audio outputs, evdi might require some actual coding, since there’s no way to run one of the screens without it, and both synaptics and manufacturer-provided drivers look pre-alpha and don’t even compile… For the rest, https://asus-linux.org/ is a godsend. For HiDPI, maybe got any tips? I have a small 4K main panel, and a couple of big FHD displays. It looks like my options are to either leave dpi unchanged and have everything too small on main panel, or set it to 2 and have everything too big on secondaries, or to use gnome, not sure which is worse… Is there like a daemon, that can dynamically change the window’s DPI value, like windows does, that I don’t know the name of?

• itsJoelle@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

I’m unsure. I use Gnome (for ease honestly) and Fedora with Wayland, so (iirc) dynamic display stuff is a wash and I haven’t even explored yet since I just use the clamshell.

I may not be the most helpful for you :/

• drathvedro@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

I’m on awesomeWM, it’s on Xorg, but I’m not dead-locked on it, though, hoping to try hyprland some day when I have time to screw around.