• CleoTheWizard@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    5 months ago

I don’t think I’d be willing to overlook the deaths of young people for an amount of money. The reason your comment seems reasonable is because a lot of us need money to survive in this hellscape. People in power don’t need the bribes. Yet they take them anyways.

Make no mistake of how deplorable these people are. They don’t overlook deaths to help people or pay off their car or eat this month. They do it so they can buy stocks that they unfairly trade and then make millions for a third home and sports car. Would the average person do this? No because the average person isn’t insane and doesn’t want to be a politician.

• tsonfeir@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      5 months ago

Greed is greed regardless if you have money already or not. And also you’re a lair. You have a price.

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

Weird assertion to make. I don’t feel that my life would be improved by having unimaginable amounts of money. Would I like enough to comfortably retire? Yep. Would I trade someone’s life to retire right now? No. Other than that I wouldn’t really care to have more money.

This is why rich people are psychopaths. It isn’t normal to put greed over peoples lives. But it’s also what the US mentality encourages which is why you think I’m wrong.

• tsonfeir@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          5 months ago

Anyone’s life? What about a billionaire. You get all their money, to do whatever with. And they drop dead.

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            5 months ago

You’re asking a different question. If I were to want them to die, it wouldn’t be because I want their money. It would be because I view their lives as a moral negative which causes incalculable harm.

If obtaining their money was a side benefit of their death, I would spend almost all of it promoting and enacting humanism. I really don’t need what they have.

• tsonfeir@lemm.ee
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              5 months ago

I’m just establishing that you’re willing to sacrifice someone you dislike.