President Joe Biden on Sunday ticked through a list of reasons he says a second Donald Trump presidency would be a “nightmare” for the country as he urged Nevada Democrats to vote for him in the state’s presidential primary this week and for his party at large in November.

Biden opened a campaign swing with a fundraiser where he focused on Trump’s ample history of provocative statements — his description of Jan. 6 rioters as “hostages,” his musing about a former top military officer deserving execution, his branding of fallen soldiers as “suckers” and “losers,” his wish to be a Day One “dictator,” his vow to supporters that “I am your retribution,” and more.

Then it was on to a community center in a predominantly Black section of Las Vegas, where he told his crowd of several hundred that “you’re the reason we’ll make Donald Trump a loser again.”

Biden said the stakes were huge when he took on Trump in 2020 — “what made America America, I thought, was at risk’ — and they are even larger now as a likely rematch looms.

• Cold_Brew_Enema@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    5 months ago

Trump could cut a baby’s head off on live TV and he would still get an ass ton of votes from Republicans. They are completely indoctrinated.

• FenrirIII@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

The Bible is full of baby killing. They’d probably be more convinced that he’s God’s chosen.

• GodlessCommie@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      5 months ago

Biden could provide the weapons and money to kill 36000.palestinians and his followers would still say the other guy is more dangerous.

• Rooskie91@discuss.online
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        5 months ago

I know it’s hard to hold 2 seemingly contradictory truths in your head at the same time. It is, however, possible to be a Republican that doesn’t support Trump and a Democrat that doesn’t support Biden. Neither party is a monolith. If you got out more and talk to people, you’d realize that.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          5 months ago

If a person votes for their party, they support their candidates, their policies, and their actions.

• Daft_ish@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              5 months ago

And an incorrect take on politics. It’s impossible for a politician to hold every single one of your beliefs. Impossible. You are suppose to chose from a pool of candidates the one that most closely aligns.

• RampantParanoia2365@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

That’s very true. Because the other guy would provide the same money and weapons, and also do all that other crime and corruption stuff he loves so much.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          5 months ago

Scratch a liberal and a fascist bleeds.

There is no difference between red fascism and blue fascism. No difference between MAGA and BlueMAGA, QANON or BlueAnon. All of you support the same levels of oppression

• Daft_ish@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            5 months ago

Communists, come get your boy, they’re making you all look bad and reinforcing the red scare stereotypes.

• prole@sh.itjust.works
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            5 months ago

I truly hope you get paid for this, otherwise it’s just sad.

BlueMAGA

BlueAnon

Lol the fuck are you even talking about? I guess you can just make shit up in an attempt to make it seem like Democrats are even remotely close to as stupid as the average Republican…

link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              5 months ago

Just because you’ve never heard of it doesn’t mean it’s made up. The way BlueMAGA is in denial about Genocide Joe being a senile pedo is the same way MAGA is in denial about the same thing with Trump.

link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  5 months ago

That’s the core of the problem, democrats went back to sleep in 2020 and are no longer interested in holding government accountable.

• prole@sh.itjust.works
                    link
                    fedilink
                    English
                    arrow-up
                    ·
                    edit-2
                    5 months ago

Uh huh.

Please, give me more details of this alternate universe, I’m looking for ideas for a novel, and this stuff is gold.

On a definitely unrelated note, I’m thankful that the app I use for Lemmy has a built in tagging feature.