link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    5 months ago

I’ll never understand these articles… Like, sure, that’s cool? Kind of like saying you can run Doom on a fridge.

I’m not going to play Doom on the fridge tho, and I’m not playing Portal RTX on my Steam Deck.

I guess for people that only have a deck for gaming this is more relevant, but still, why force ray tracing on a low power device??

Also Portal RTX changed some textures (like the portals) for some reason, I’d rather play the original instead.

• lastlighthousekeeper
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

You answered your own question: it’s for people who only have a deck for gaming. And the comparison to doom on a fridge doesn’t really hold, as the steam deck is designed for gaming.

• Sneezycat@sopuli.xyz
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        5 months ago

Fair enough, I’ll just recommend them to go play the original at 60 fps and native resolution :P

• Mango@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

Do you think it has to be about you? It’s not about you.

I’M gonna play Doom on your fridge.

• zaphod@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      5 months ago

I guess for people that only have a deck for gaming

Given it’s primarily sold as a gaming device, I find it very odd that you frame this as the exception rather than the rule.

• Sneezycat@sopuli.xyz
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        5 months ago

People whose only gaming device is a deck, not people that have a deck only for gaming :'D I’d use my computer instead for intensive graphics.