• Kevlarrelic@programming.dev
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

Wow, had to check this one was real, and jokes on me it’s still up on his Twitter, complete with him stubbornly defending himself against everyone telling him he’s nuts. How did the Dilbert guy lose his mind so completely?

• isame@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

I would like to direct your attention to the Behind the Bastards podcast episode entitled “Part One: How The Dilbert Guy Lost His Mind” from July 11th, 2023.

Your wording was perfect.

• curiosityLynx@kglitch.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Summary? I’m technically at work right now, so pulling out the headphones I left at home anyways isn’t quite an option.

• drcobaltjedi@programming.dev
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          11 months ago

He’s always been a little like this but pretty quiet and subtle about it. However once he started losing his ability to speak he lost a lot of social interaction and kinda went nuts.

It absolutely is worth a listen though (as is the rest of the podcast).

• BrianTheeBiscuiteer@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            11 months ago

I remember him being on TV (want to say it was Real Time) and talking up Trump. He definitely was on the right before he lost his voice.

• entropicdrift@lemmy.sdf.org
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              11 months ago

He lost his voice starting in like 2005 or 2006, then got surgery to fix it in 2008. Real Time was running starting in '03, but that was way before Trump was politically relevant so I’m betting you saw him after he’d lost his voice, alienated everyone in his life and gone nutty, then gotten it back.

• arc@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

The Behind the Bastards feature on him posited he was always obsessed with predestiny and being some kind of fountain of wisdom. His fame and seclusion just tipped him over the edge from mere asshole into raging lunatic.

• jerkface@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

Or he was a shut in for a while because he experienced a massive personality change