link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    5 months ago

13s companions were literally just sitting around when she literally fell into their laps.

They were in a train going home…

Rose was “just working”. So was Martha. Donna was “just getting married”. Amy was “just sleeping”. Clara was “just babysitting”. Bill was “just going to school”. See how you can do that for literally any companion? The whole point of the characters is that The Doctor drops into their normal life and whisks them away.

And honestly, your “requirements” are just absurd. If you can’t “connect” to these characters over several seasons, that’s a you problem. Maybe try to meet the show where it’s at instead of being so closed off to anything outside off your demands.

*forgot to add Amy

• Zron@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

Nah, I’m an adult, I like things that I like and don’t waste time on things that I don’t.

Watched like 5 episodes and gave up on the piss poor plots and 2d companions.

If you enjoyed it, good for you. But I am always confused by people like you who feel the need to defend the virtue of a show just because someone on the internet disagrees with the quality of content you enjoy.

I didn’t like it, you did. I have watched 5 hours of a show and decided it wasn’t worth my time, you telling me otherwise isn’t going to really change my mind. I have better ways to entertain myself than wasting time on a show I know isn’t for me.

• Ech@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

I’m not saying you have to like it, and I’m not trying to “defend it’s virtue”. I’m pointing out the lack of consistency in your critique, which, objectively, makes no sense.

Honestly, it’d be great if people would stop shitting on 13’s run for such shallow reasons, like there’s “too many companions”, rather than just saying they don’t like it. You don’t. That’s fine. I didn’t like Capaldi much, but I’m not blaming his “lack of companions” or the size of his TARDIS or something else equally asinine.