Buenos Aires, Feb 7 (EFE).- Argentina’s far-right ruling coalition La Libertad Avanza has presented a draft bill to repeal the country’s abortion law in parliament, according to information on Wednesday.

The bill, presented on Monday, calls for the repeal of the Voluntary Interruption of Pregnancy Law and for abortion to be criminalized for both the woman and those who participate in the procedure.

The text does not present any defense in the event of rape, although it leaves sentencing to the judge’s discretion “in consideration of the reasons that prompted her to commit the crime, her subsequent attitude, and the nature the fact.”

The woman could be punished with prison terms of 1-3 years, it proposes.

• Cheradenine@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      5 months ago

‘quick, our poorly thought out economic policies are making things worse, we need divisive rage bait’. ‘I have it, we’ll ban abortion’.

• PoliticalAgitator@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        5 months ago

Most of them are just neoliberals who are upset there’s still a handful of regulations stopping them from going full psycopath in the name of record profits.

• apfelwoiSchoppen@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          5 months ago

In my experience, Libertarians are generally white men under the delusion that equality under law functionally exists already. That ideological principle matters more than actual systems and structures of equality. That their tax dollars should only fund the street they live on. Anything beyond that breaches their individual rights. It seems to make sense until you think, at all.

• Orbituary@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        5 months ago

“en masse.”

They’re wolves in sheep’s clothing. I’m over all government leadership. They only represent their own interests.

• quindraco@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

I mean, this is very clear proof they’re not libertarians. We could just stop referring to them as such.