• Fonzie!@ttrpg.network
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I noticed some Canadians seem to use metric exclusively, while others very much use imperial systems through and through. Android defaults to imperial systems when it’s set to Canadian English, which confuses me even more but I suppose imperial must be used a lot, then

• BonesOfTheMoon@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

I find stuff like cups and spoons and pounds and inches are used here more than metric, but we definitely use kilometers only.

• Fonzie!@ttrpg.network
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Android lied to me

Maybe it’s a plot by the Australian government because it led me to set all my devices to Australian English; they’re always 100% metric

• Catweazle@social.vivaldi.net
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

@lord_ryvan @BonesOfTheMoon, I don’t understand how it can be in the 21st century that a system as idiotic and archaic as the imperial one continues to be used. NASA has already caused millions of dollars in damage by crashing several probes due to miscalculations with these outdated and devoid of any logic measurements, based on parts of the body of a king, dead centuries ago instead of clear physical and mathematical units as in the rest of the world.

• Fonzie!@ttrpg.network
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

I also don’t get it and my country is slowly adapting it too (Netherlands)

I absolutely hate it and try to counter it actively