• wheeldawg@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

Conservatives when Biden does something like walk the wrong direction: omg he’s senile and clearly has dementia!

Conservatives when McConnell (maybe) has a fucking legit seizure: everything’s fine, nothing to see here.

• Rakonat@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

Both of them need to get the hell out of politics as should anyone over the retirement age.

• zerkrazus@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Seriously. Enough with the septuagenarians and octogenarians in the government. If you’re going to drop dead from old age at any moment, you shouldn’t be in any government position, especially not a national/federal one, IMO.

• madcaesar@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

How about hemberders? Or Tim Apple? Trump talks and walks like he’s have constant brain aneurism, yet not a single peep form his idiot base.

• kibiz0r@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

Or covfefe. Or falling down a 5-degree decline. Or desperately gripping a bottle of water with two hands to carry it to his Queller Demon mouth.

• Chunk@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        11 months ago

Tim Apple is intentional. It’s smart and effective. It communicates who he is talking about to people who have absolutely no clue who the CEO of Apple is. Simplified language like that is trump’s specialty because it works with his base.

Edit, well, looks like this is just as bad as reddit. Not sure what I expected.

• axus@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            11 months ago

Why would you run a business if your name wasn’t plastered all over it? Tim Apple isn’t stupid.

• Chunk@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            11 months ago

What makes you say that? Like truly, why are you so confident?

• III@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Regarding your edit - yes, completely made up bullshit also doesn’t fly here.

• Chunk@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            11 months ago

What makes you think it’s made up? The dude has brainwashed 1/3 the country. Do you think he did that on accident? Unfortunately for you and I, trump is an expert communicator.

• gmtom@lemmy.world
          cake
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Can you people just stop fucking whining? You made a dumb fucking comment and got downvoted for it. Its doesnt matter, its not the end of the world, you dont have to edit your comment to cry about the fact that people didnt agree with your extreme reach to defend a dumb comment Donald Trump made.

• Chunk@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            11 months ago

Is it extreme reach though? He’s whipped up 1/3 the country into a frenzie. That’s effective communication even if it is awful and hateful.

• gmtom@lemmy.world
              cake
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              11 months ago

He could also have done a Nazi salute or just dropped trou and shat on the floor and it would have whipped up most the country into a frenzy, that doesnt means its some mastermind play.

• Chunk@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                11 months ago

Shifting goal posts. I’m just saying he communicates well. Hitler also communicated well. It doesn’t mean we agree with trump (or Hitler) it’s just an acknowledgement of charisma.

• wazoobonkerbrain@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Try truth social, that is where you will find your people.

• Chunk@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            11 months ago

Yes, acknowledging trumps ability to communicate makes me a republican.

But in all seriousness, people always talk about how trump benefits so much from Twitter and wields social media in a dangerous and effective way. So how is my argument any different?

• wheeldawg@sh.itjust.works
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              11 months ago

I call him Tim Apple all the time. I just think it’s funny and he probably hates it. I just hate Apple as a company in most ways, so being annoying is fun. Not like hell see anything I say anyway, but it makes me chuckle.

I didn’t see any pre edit comment, but I agree here.

I’m no trumpy by a hell of a long shot. A whole political spectrum away. But I don’t condemn him for using the name. At least not if he’s using it intentionally. I’m not convinced he is, though.