Trump’s legal team also tried to throw cold water on the idea in a filing earlier this week, writing that the “events of January 6 were not an ‘insurrection’ as they did not involve an organized attempt to overthrow or resist the U.S. government.”

Trump disagrees, apparently.

“They kept saying about what I said right after the insurrection,” he said outside Mar-a-Lago after arguments concluded in Washington, D.C. “I think it was an insurrection caused by Nancy Pelosi.

• Kecessa@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

It’s not as if any Democrat candidate was going to be sold as being great to the Republicans by their media so I don’t know why you think that’s an argument…

The US has already elected a black president twice so I guess the racists don’t win overall? She’s also seen in a much better light than Hillary Clinton, I do think a woman could have won 2016 if she had been not-Clinton.

• TengoDosVacas@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      5 months ago

Obama is a reaction to Bush and Iraq. Biden is a reaction to trump and fascism. Obama got shellaced in 2010. Democrats still do not control the Senate. Nothing has been the win you think it is.

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

2008, Obama’s popular vote? 52.9%

2012? 51.1% (funny how he got elected twice with more than 50% of the vote in a country that’s so racist it wouldn’t elect a black person if it wasn’t for Bush? 🤔)

2016 Clinton’s? 48.18% (46.09% for Trump)

2020 with Harris as vice President? 51.31%

Looks to me like it’s not that a woman or a black person can’t win on their own merits, it’s that the electoral system is fucked up in the USA.

• TengoDosVacas@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          5 months ago

Looks like you made my point for me as none of those are strong showings and still desplay reactive voting over proactive voting.

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            5 months ago

So Obama being elected a second time was a vote against Bush… That wasn’t a eligible candidate at that point because he already was elected twice…

Yeah so I’m just going to ignore you from this point on because clearly you must have something against women and POC and don’t want them in politics or something.