• Vash63@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

No VRR support still. That’s the only feature I was hoping would land so I wouldn’t have to maintain patched versions of Mutter and g-c-c…

• MoreCoffee@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

It’s hard to believe this MR head been open for over 3 years. I don’t understand why they didn’t release it in 46 as an experimental feature. I’ve begrudgingly resorted to using kde again just for this feature.

• Sentau
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

Asakayo(MR-author) and the others tried to get it pushed through as an experimental feature in gnome 46 but last I checked, there was discussion going on as to how to integrate in the settings page so it is clear as to what the settings do. And before making fun of them for spending time on ‘trivial things’, do read the discussion that is going regarding the design. Some interesting points are brought up there.

• Vik@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          4 months ago

In any case, we’re likely to see VRR support land in gnome later in the year. I’m personally glad they took the time to deliberate on the UX as well as underlying functionality.

• Sentau
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

the ability to remember the window state.

Wish they would add this the terminal app just as they have done with the extensions app.

• Sentau
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      4 months ago

Not a gnome contributor(just a user) but I don’t think either request will be merged because usually there is a feature, UI and API/ABI freeze when the beta is released so no new features are added.

Edit : Seems to be backed up by this